BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 20, 2010

Washington, DC - Day 2 - Saturday, July 3rd

OK, I’m confused. Why aren’t we sleeping outside? Why aren’t we leaving @ 7 AM? It’s already 8:30 AM, and we haven’t left yet? What’s going on? The only item on the agenda today is Mt. Vernon? That’s it? Really? OK, but I’m not sure I can handle this laid-back, laissez-faire attitude. Time to leave? But it’s only 9 AM! (Sarcasm implied.)

Julie drove us to Alexandria, VA where we bought our tickets for the ferry to Mt. Vernon. Apparently, animals are free. Bonus! We had a little time to kill before we boarded the boat, so went into the torpedo factory. Well, sort of. It used to be a torpedo factory, but now it as an art gallery. Lots of cool art was on display. I even got to participate in an animal stampede. Totally cool!

After window-shopping in the art gallery, it was time to board the ferry. We sailed upstream an saw lots of cool houses. And then, on a hill, we saw Mt. Vernon. What a view it must be from up there. I would’ve soared like an eagle if it weren’t for the bag I was in. Yep, that’s right – I was in a plastic cage John called a “backpack”. I only knew about the houses and Mt. Vernon because I saw his pictures. At least he took me out when we got to the boat dock. I now could see the glorious day and all the spectacular scenery. We wandered around the grounds, had a late lunch, and even visited the old barn. John wouldn’t let me go in it because he didn’t think I would ever leave it. He was right.

After that, we boarded the boat to head back to old Alexandria. We passed a lot of cool shops, bought tons of candy, and had dinner @ Bilbo Baggins restaurant. Then we headed home. Not a stressful day at all. I could get used to this! Apparently tomorrow will be similarly paced. We’re not going into DC until late afternoon. Insanity! But I love it.

0 comments: