BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 20, 2010

Washington, DC - Day 1 - Friday, July 2nd

Finally, after months of preparation, we’re leaving for Washington, DC!! Heather and Ellen arrived last night. It’s Heather’s first “road trip”, so I’ll be nice to her. And Ellen’s always nice to me. John, on the other hand … well, I’ll have to keep an eye on him! Hopefully he feeds me. A bird can get hungry quickly. And he better hydrate me, too! It’s supposed to be near 100 degrees for most of the vacation. I hate it when I dry out! Other than food and water, I think John will be a great tour guide. I cannot wait!

Apparently, humans don’t get up with the birds. I had been awake for hours before Ellen, Heather and John left. Thankfully, they allowed me to bring friends! Yay! Lucky Ducky and Polly Pork. OK, here are the ground rules: The humans are VERY forgetful when it comes to food and water. And I’m in charge. That’s right – I’m a DIVA!! And an international celebrity. And don’t you forget it!

The drive to Julie’s house (John’s sister) was long. John said it would take 12 hours; we left at 8 AM and should’ve been there by 9 AM EST. John, did you schedule meal stops? You didn’t? Did you not learn your lesson in Canada? Ellen told me all about that fiasco. I will not survive the day on Wintergreen Life Savers. Feed me!

We stopped at the Indiana Welcome center for lunch. They fed me, but forgot poor Lucky & Polly. I would’ve shared, but I was starving. Tough luck, guys. Maybe next time?

Our next stop was the Ohio Welcome center. At least we all got in the picture this time. After that, our next stop was a Wendy’s in Pennsylvania. John was looking kinda hungry and tired. It was 7 PM when we stopped and we had 4 more hours to go. So much for arriving at 8 PM! They forgot to feed us, but we were so tired, I didn’t care. I was sound asleep when we got to Julie’s at 11:45 PM. I didn’t find out about the cat until the next morning. At least I slept well!

0 comments: